Grenell to Newsmax TV: Garland 'Wrong Man' for Nation's Attorney General

This is a remote RSS feed from Newsmax.com. You may reply to any of the news stories here.

Topic Author
{Feed Bot}

Grenell to Newsmax TV: Garland 'Wrong Man' for Nation's Attorney General

Post by {Feed Bot} »

ImagePresident Joe Biden’s Attorney General nominee Merrick Garland is “ill-fitted” for the position — and is proving himself the “wrong man” at his Senate confirmation hearings, former Trump administration acting director of national intelligence Richard Grenell said Tuesday. In an interview on Newsmax TV’s “National Report,” Grenell said Garland’s responses to questions at his hearing sound like a “man who’s a judge and trained like a judge.” “People were comfortable with him as a judge, but as an attorney general, this is a different job,” Grenell said. “And what he did was really raise a lot of questions that he is not going to be an attorney general — he’s going to be more of a judge in that seat.” According to Grenell, an Attorney General must be somebody able to run the Department of Justice. “You have to take positions when you're running the Department of Justice — you can’t just sit back and pretend like you're a judge,” Grenell said, noting Garland has avoided making judgments at his hearing, including on whether special prosecutor Durham should continue investigating the FBI’s Russia investigation. “I think he's ill-fitted,” Grenell said. “And some of his answers are showing this and so we may have him in the wrong job. “You look at all of his answers where he says, ‘I don't know. I don't know anything about that.’ You see a man who is a judge and who has been trained as a judge to just sit in a chair and wait for evidence to be presented to him. And then he just give his opinion,” he added. “I think what we're seeing during this confirmation hearing is that he's the wrong man for the attorney general's job.” Important: See Newsmax TV now carried in 70 million cable homes, on DirecTV Ch. 349, Dish Network Ch. 216, Xfinity Ch. 1115, Spectrum, U-verse Ch. 1220, FiOS Ch. 615, Optimum Ch. 102, Cox cable, Suddenlink Ch. 102, CenturyLink 1209, Mediacom Ch. 277, Frontier 615 or Find More Cable Systems – Click Here.

Source: https://www.newsmax.com/politics/grenel ... id/1011186