Stephen Moore: Biden Energy 'Pipe Dream' Will 'Bankrupt' Us

This is a remote RSS feed from Newsmax.com. You may reply to any of the news stories here.

Topic Author
{Feed Bot}

Stephen Moore: Biden Energy 'Pipe Dream' Will 'Bankrupt' Us

Post by {Feed Bot} »

ImagePresident Joe Biden's unwinding of American energy independence under the Trump administration will ultimately "bankrupt the country," according to Trump economic adviser Stephen Moore. "The idea that we are going to eliminate fossil fuels is a pipe dream," Moore said Sunday during an appearanc on "The Cats Roundtable" on WABC 770 AM-N.Y. "We're not going to go from 80% fossil fuels down to zero in the next 15 years, or else we will bankrupt our country." Democrats are arguing for renewable energy, but Moore said America can allow the technology to evolve and become better and more affordable as we use the resources that have made America energy independent under former President Donald Trump. "We need to use the energy that we have," Moore told host John Catsimatidis. "We have more oil, more gas and more coal than any other country. We've got 500 years worth of coal. We have at least 200 years of natural gas. We’re not running out of this stuff." Moore said Biden needs to get with the "program." "Trump used to say to me, 'I don't want America to be energy independent; I want America to be energy dominant,'" Moore said. "And we should. "We should be the energy-dominant country in the world." Even the electric cars environmentalists are seeking are going to require use of fossil fuels in generating the electricity, Moore said. "I don't have a problem with electric cars, but people have to realize you have to have electric power to charge the batteries for electric cars," he said. "That takes coal and oil."

Source: https://www.newsmax.com/politics/stephe ... id/1010912