McConnell's Home Vandalized Over Blockage of Stimulus Checks

This is a remote RSS feed from Newsmax.com. You may reply to any of the news stories here.

Topic Author
{Feed Bot}

McConnell's Home Vandalized Over Blockage of Stimulus Checks

Post by {Feed Bot} »

ImageMitch McConnell’s home in Louisville, Ky., was vandalized over his blockage of a vote on a Senate bill that would provide $2,000 in stimulus checks to Americans, reports WDRB. Messages were written on the home using red and white spray paint, including “Where’s my money?” The rest of the home wasn’t damaged. Louisville police say the incident happened around 5 a.m. Saturday. A home belonging to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in San Francisco was vandalized with spray paint on New Year’s Day, with phrases like “$2K,: “Cancel rent!” and “We want everything” written on her garage door. A pig’s head and fake blood were also left near the vandalism, reports KGO-TV. “I’ve spent my career fighting for the First Amendment and defending peaceful protest. I appreciate every Kentuckian who has engaged in the democratic process whether they agree with me or not,” McConnell said in a statement Saturday. “This is different," he continued. "Vandalism and the politics of fear have no place in our society." He concluded: “My wife and I have never been intimidated by this toxic playbook. We just hope our neighbors in Louisville aren’t too inconvenienced by this radical tantrum.”

Source: https://www.newsmax.com/politics/mcconn ... id/1003989